SEEKING NEW MEMBERS FOR OUR YOUTH ARTS LEADERSHIP TEAM
VTAC would like to invite young people from our community to be part of our Youth Arts Leadership Team. This group of 13-21 year olds produce our yearly youth programming, and act as an advisory council for the organization. This opportunity is great for young people who are:
- passionate about the arts
- self motivated
- good collaborators
Past team members have come in with a variety of expertise and experience, with a lot of learning and mentorship happening during your time on the team.
This is a paid opportunity ($20/hour), and the council is active from December 2023- August 2024. Commitment is 2 hours/week. The group meets both in person and hybrid, and is supported by VTAC staff throughout the year.
If you know somebody you’d like to share this opportunity with, the deadline to apply is November 1, 2023. The application process is competitive, as the team has 4 open spots, and we anticipate 40+ applicants. Once received, the applications will be reviewed by returning YALT members and VTAC staff.
(in addition to basic demographics
- Describe any leadership or organizing experience you have- make sure to list not just groups you are a part of, but also your role within that group.
- Describe a time you had responsibilities. What were they, and how did you make sure you fulfilled those responsibilities?
- What skills do you have that you think make you a good leader?
- Which Responsibilities of the team do you feel like you would be particularly good at?
- Find the list of responsibilities here.
- What other groups are you connected to or a part of?
- School, faith , arts , organizing, or sports groups all apply. Include links, if possible!
- When was a time when you had a conflict in a team you were a part of? How did you resolve the situation?
- What can you say about the community you live in?
- How are you going to Impact the YALT Team in a positive way?
- Please list at least one reference. Include their name, how you know them (This should be somebody who knows you well, but not a family member or someone who works at VTAC.) Their phone number or email
- (When you list someone as a reference, it's a good idea to check with them beforehand to ask if you can use them as a reference!)
- Please look at your calendar and list any conflicts you have for the next year, including
- extended trips or vacations (example: "We're doing a family trip to Wisconsin from December 20-25")
- Consistent evening or afternoon Conflicts (examples: "I work every Thursday night" or "Volleyball practice every day until 5")
- Other commitments where the schedule may not be set yet (example: "I'm in a traveling soccer league and don't know my schedule yet")
- Other priorities?
- What other priorities will you have in the year ahead (School, church, work, sports, arts, social justice)? What's your plan for balancing these things with YALT?