Welcome to the VTAC Minecraft Server. We created this virtual world so that people could enjoy safe, moderated, and fun online programming. These are our basic rules and are subject to change without notice. Changes in our rules or protocols will be announced in Discord and on our website. It is the responsibility of the players and their trusted adults to become familiar with the rules and revisit them on a regular basis.
Before you join, please watch our videos so you are familiar with our rules and codes of conduct. We encourage you to read these rules and watch the videos with a trusted adult or guardian!
MINECRAFT RULES & CODES OF CONDUCT
1. Respect everyone & don't pick any fights. This is a safe space for all!
When players are general nuisances (i.e. destroying other people’s work, harassing people, being generally annoying), they are given 3 strikes-- on the first, they are given a warning, on the second, their permissions are reduced, on the third they are banned.
2. No tolerance for bullying, racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. Those who engage in these behaviors will be immediately banned.
When players are actively participating in harmful behavior (i.e. racist language, ableism, or other hate speech) they will be immediately removed from the server. If they return to the server at a later date and repeat the behavior, their IP is to be banned.
3. If you are under 13 years old, we must get permission from a trusted adult or guardian for you to participate.
For those under 13, we must have a name, email, and phone number of a trusted adult on file before you can participate in an event.
For those over 13, please join ourDiscord or provide your contact information so that we can reach you if we need to.
4. Moderators are the authorities in the space.
If a moderator approaches you or warns you about an action, please listen; they are there to make sure that everyone is having fun and ensure that everyone is behaving in a safe fashion.
All moderators’ names appear in red inside of the Minecraft chat bar.
5. Remember to have fun and that our moderation team is here to help and support you!
If you need technical assistance, help building, or have an immediate concern or question, please contact one of the moderators. If you have questions about what you may or may not do on the server, please ask one of the moderators.
6. Safety first! Please protect your identity and personal information while using Minecraft or Discord.
You should not reveal your name, address, phone number, or email to anyone who is not an official VTAC staff member or moderator. The only time we will ask you your real name is if we need to contact your trusted adult for administrative purposes or in an emergency. It is critical that we have your name and the contact information of your trusted adult to limit the sharing of personal information while online. If you ever feel uncomfortable because someone is asking you about your personal information, please tell your trusted adult AND contact a VTAC staff member or moderator immediately.
For Trusted Adults and Guardians:
1. You should know the Minecraft and Discord name of the child you are responsible for/who is using our server or Discord. If players change or update their usernames, you should let us know as soon as possible so we can change their records. This is also helpful for when we are judging entries for contests.
2. If the name that appears on the credit or debit card that was used to pay for registration is different from the name of the trusted adult or guardian that we have on file, please keep that information handy. We may need to cross-reference the name or the last four digits of the credit/debit card that was used if there are issues with payment or registration.
3. You are responsible for your children and their behavior on our server. You can watch your child remotely during events via our Facebook livestream as well. We encourage parents to monitor their children’s activities on Minecraft and Discord because we cannot see private chats, direct messages, or all players on the server at all times.
4. Please talk to your children about internet safety before joining us in Minecraft. We will work our hardest to protect your kids while they join us for Minecraft Open Hours and building events; however, internet safety starts at home! We encourage families to talk about what to do if their child feels unsafe online or what type of information to share online with people they don’t know.
As not to disrupt anyone's notifications, don’t use the @/everyone command. That’s to be reserved for important announcements & reminders
Keep things family friendly! No foul language or sharing inappropriate images/ jokes.
If you have any questions, the moderators are here to help! They will answer your questions as soon as possible.
All channels will have pinned messages which explains what the channels are there for.
In order to get access to the rest of the channel, go to #introduce-yourself channel to get accepted into our Discord chat and be able to post! NOTE:You should not reveal your name, address, phone number, or email to anyone who is not an official VTAC staff member or moderator. (Please see Minecraft Rules above)
No harassment! Bullying, harassment, or unwanted contact on the channel or in private messages are not allowed! Consent is required to chat with people privately. If someone asks you not to contact them directly, you should not message them. Violation of this rule will result in a permanent ban from our Discord and Minecraft server.